Password Protocol M2W for Email
Article Number: KB 1691
Audience:eNom Reseller, eNom Central, Bulk Register
What is the current protocol for email passwords using M2W?
In addition to the requirement that your password must be at least 6 characters long and no more than 30 characters long, the following rules also apply in order to maximize security:
- Must contain at least one upper case and one lower case letter
- Must contain at least one number
- Cannot contain special characters
- Must not be the same as any of your other account password or account names
- Must not contain the same root numbers or words as other passwords on the account contain (i.e, if Mary uses Me12345 and a password and Paul uses Pe12345 as a password, the passwords are now insecure because they contain the same root numbers. Another example would be Mary using the password Potato45 and Paul using the password Potato67. The system will find fault with this and your mail programs will not function properly.)
NOTE: Failure to meet the current password protocol will cause issues with connecting mail programs.
While we understand that this is a somewhat strict protocol, it is in place for the protection of your accounts. We value security and aim to help ensure that as best we can. Thank you for making changes to your passwords in order to meet this criteria.
Last Updated: January, 2016