How to Configure Dynamic DNS
Article Number: KB 1646
Audience:eNom Reseller, eNom Central, Bulk Register
How do I configure dynamic DNS?
eNom does support Dynamic DNS updates. eNom cannot help with the setup of the Dynamic DNS; we only offer the ability to use our nameservers for Dynamic DNS purposes. By using one of the following applications, every time you get a different IP your server will automatically update the IP in your domain name's DNS settings.
To implement dynamic DNS:
1. Make sure the domain name is using eNom's name servers.
2. The domain needs to have an Access password added for security. You'll find that setting in the General Settings area of the domain control panel.
3. Choose one of the Dynamic DNS applications listed on this page and install it.
4. Configure the application to use your domain name, its password, and point it to our update server:
Clients for dynamic DNS:
- Plug-in for DynSite
- Under testing.
- Java Dynamic DNS Client
- IPCheck for OS/2
- eNom C++ help code (for your own C++ app.)
Last Updated: October, 2015