.NYC Domain Requirements
Article Number: KB 1612
Product: Domain Management
Audience:eNom Reseller, eNom Central, Bulk Register
What are the requirements for registering a .NYC domain name?
The .nyc TLD is different from most new TLD because only individuals and organizations that have a physical presence in one of New York City’s 5 boroughs will be allowed to register a .nyc domain.
- Nexus Category 1: An entity or organization that has a physical street address in New York City. Value = ORG
- Nexus Category 2: Individuals whose primary place of residence is in New York City Value = INDIV
- P.O Boxes not permitted - Registrants must agree that they are in compliance with all relevant Federal, New York State and New York City laws and tax requirements.
Units, floors, and apartment numbers are not required into Address line 2. unless USPS look-up says so.
Registrants must remain in compliance with the applicable Nexus Policy for the duration of domain’s registration.
No proxy registrations are permitted – Registrants must agree not to license, sub-delegate or transfer .nyc domain(s) to third parties. Only the following Boroughs can be used when registering a .NYC domain:
- Bronx - Bronx 36005
- Brooklyn - Kings 36047
- Manhattan - New York 36061
- Queens - Queens 36081
- Staten Island - Richmond 36085
Users may also use the USPS Standardized Address tool as well:
Last Updated: January, 2016