Account Security Tips to Protect Your Domains
Article Number: KB 1449
Product: Domain Management
Audience:eNom Reseller, eNom Central, Bulk Register
What do you suggest to help keep my domains secure and my investments protected?
We take security very seriously. It is our top priority that your domains and services remain safe in your account, available to you 24/7. And while our security is very robust, pitfalls such as weak passwords and malware acquired from other sites can compromise the safety of not only your eNom account, but all of your online accounts.
- With that in mind, here are some tips to keep your online experience safe:
- Use a unique and complex password. Do not use "password" or your user name as the password.
- When setting a password, a combination of alphanumeric characters and symbols is best.
- These are the symbols that can be used for passwords at eNom: * @ - _ . /
- If you have multiple eNom accounts, please choose a unique password for each account.
- Do not use the same password for your email or hosting accounts, as you use for your eNom account.
- Change your passwords frequently.
- If you are using a domain name that you control for the email address on your account, please do not allow the domain name to expire.
- Keep the registrar lock enabled on your domains.
- Be sure to select a Secret Question/Answer that only you are able to supply in case you forget your password.
- Only provide your login/password to colleagues and trusted family member that are authorized to access your account.
- When an employee leaves or is terminated, be sure to change your password and secret answer right away.
Account Validation adds an additional layer of security to your account, which makes it much more difficult for malicious parties to access your account. Learn More!
ID Protect shields your public contact information so that potential phishers and identity thieves cannot obtain your name and email address and attempt to gain access to your account. Learn More!
Last Updated: October, 2015