How To Install an SSL Certificate on Our Hosting Services
Article Number: KB 1150
Product: Value Added Services
How do I install an SSL certificate in my hosting account?
Please ensure that you have followed the steps in the article, SSL: How to Install a Certificate. Then, please follow the below instructions. Please note that only SSL certificates that are purchased through our site can be installed on our web hosting services. An IP will be automatically allocated.
There are a few steps needed to complete the process. Complete the steps in the following sections.
Set the IP address. Log into the Linux Plesk control panel
- Navigate to the domains from the main menu to view the domain list and select the domain.
- Select the Web hosting settings icon.
- Set the domain to use the Private IP Address and check both SSL check boxes.
- Click Save. Make sure the drop down for the certificate has the correct certificate selected.
CA bundles or intermediate certificates links to each issuer
- Under the Domains menu, select the domain.
- Click on SSL Certs.
- Copy the SSL Cert name that is installed (selected in the previous procedure), and then paste the text into the box where prompted.
- Click Save.
Verify DNS is set-up properly
- Log into your account.
- Navigate to the domain control panel. Click Domains, My domains, and then select the SSL domain (common name).
- Confirm the correct IP (the public IP) is listed in the host records.
Please note that any change to Plesk will take approx 5-10 minutes to get picked up by the web server.
Also note that DNS Changes need to propagate before the site will work, but you can test immediately by entering the site and public IP into your hosts file.
Last Updated: October, 2015