How to Install Joomla
Article Number: KB 607
Product: Web Hosting
Audience:eNom Reseller, eNom Central, Bulk Register
Do you support Joomla on your web hosting services? How do I install Joomla?
Both our Linux hosting packages support up to Joomla 2.5. (3.X is NOT currently supported on eNom's hosting accounts).
To install Joomla:
- Ensure that you have associated your domain with your hosting account (see Associate Domain Name with Hosting Account).
- Download Joomla version 2.5 from the Joomla website, and unzip the file.
- Open the Joomla folder, and upload all the contents of that folder to the root folder for your domain. Please see the article, Upload Files to Web Hosting Account, for full instructions.
- Create a MySQL database by following the instructions in the article, How to Create a MySQL Database. Take note of the database name, username and password.
- Determine your database username and password, as well as the database server, by reviewing the article, Managing Users for Databases.
For Linux hosting:
- Open the Plesk control panel (see How to Access the Control Panel).
- Click Domains on the left.
- Click on the domain, and then click the Web Hosting Settings icon.
- Uncheck PHP 'safe_mode'.
- We recommended that you select CGI Application or FastCGI Application for your PHP Module instead of Apache Module(See below)
- Click OK.
NOTE: It is recommended that you use CGI Application or FastCGI Application for your PHP Module, as Apache Modules can causes ownership issues and thus permission problems which will lead to security issues.
Go to your website, and follow the step by step installation instructions provided with Joomla. If Joomla encounters problems trying to connect to the database, please see the article, Testing MySQL connectivity .
For Linux hosting, you may be prompted to create the
configuration.php file manually.
To create configuration.php in Plesk:
- Click Domains on the left, and then click on the domain name.
- Click the File Manager icon.
- Click the Add New File icon, and then select the File Creation radio button.
- Enter the file name
- Paste in the text provided during the Joomla installation.
- Click OK.
Please open a support ticket if you need further assistance with the installation.
For Joomla application support we advise using their online documentation and forums at http://www.joomla.org.
Last Updated: October, 2015