Associate Domain Name with Hosting Account
Article Number: KB 253
Product: Web hosting
I already have a domain. Can I use it with your hosting? What are the steps?
First, associate the domain with the web hosting account:
- Log into your account.
- Under the Hosting menu, click Web Hosting, and then click Manage.
- Click Domains under the name of the hosting account.
- Type in the domain and click Add.
You can associate up to 50 domain names per hosting account.
For Linux hosting, add the domain to the Plesk control panel:
- Open the hosting account control panel (see Web Hosting: How to Access the Control Panel).
- Click Domains on the left.
- Click Create Domain.
- Check the box next to www and enter the domain name.
- Choose a Login and Password and enter them in them in the appropriate fields. These will be used to log into the hosting account via FTP.
- Click Finish.
After the domain has been added to the hosting account, please refer to the following articles:
- Activate POP Email Feature of Web Hosting Account
- Web Hosting: Upload Files to Web Hosting Account
If the domain is supposed to be using our DNS, please ensure that the DNS server settings are set correctly (see How to change domain nameservers (DNS)). If the domain is registered or DNS hosted elsewhere, please see the article, Web Hosting: Associate Domain That's Registered with a Different Registrar to Hosting Account.
Last Updated: August, 2015