POP3 email configuration for Outlook Express on Macintosh:
These directions should work for most recent Microsoft Outlook Express versions, running on MacOS 8.0 and above.
Actions to take:
- Launch Outlook Express
- Under "Tools" select "accounts"
- Click new for a new account.
- Input these settings:
- Display Name: The name you would like displayed (i.e. John Doe or ACME Sales)
- Email address: Aliasfirstname.lastname@example.org (i.e. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Incoming email server type: POP (not IMAP)
- Incoming mail (POP) server: pop.your-domain-name.com (i.e. pop.thedoes.com or pop.acme.com)
- Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: smtp.your-domain-name.com (i.e. smtp.thedoes.com or smtp.acme.com)
- Account ID: Your full email address: email@example.com (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Password: password-you-chose (case sensitive)
- Account Name: Enter what you would like to identify this account (i.e. thedoes.com email or acme.com email)
- Click "Click here for advanced settings options". Check SMTP server requires authentication. Make sure "Use same settings as incoming mail server" is turned on.
- Click "Finish".