POP3 email configuration for Outlook on Windows
These directions are for Microsoft Outlook 2002, running on Microsoft Windows. Scroll down for screenshots (on XP).
Actions to take:
- Launch Outlook
- Under "Tools" select "email accounts..."
- Under the email header, select "Add a new email account"..
- In the "Email accounts" window, enter these settings.
- Your Name: The name you would like to display in the "From" field (i.e. John Doe or ACME Sales)
- Email address: Aliasemail@example.com (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.your-domain-name.com (i.e. pop.thedoes.com or pop.acme.com)
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.your-domain-name.com (i.e. smtp.thedoes.com or smtp.acme.com)
- User Name: Your full email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (i.e. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: password-you-chose (case sensitive)
- Click the "More Settings" button, and click the "Outgoing server" tab.
- Check the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" box and click the "settings" button. Make sure the "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" radio button is selected. Click "OK".
- Click "Next"
- Click "Finish"